A new meeting room.
Alterations were carried out on the church in Newborough. Several years ago the church was left a legacy by the family of the late Reverend Cyril Taylor (vicar from 1934-1939). This, and other sources of funding, made the work possible.
The legacy, and funding from Stafford Local Community Fund via Tim Corbett the local councillor, The Church Charitable Settlement and contribution from parishioners, made the meeting room (named The Jubilee Room), kitchen and toilet with disabled access, possible.
Staffordshire Local Community Fund is an initiative which supports communities directly through local county councillors.
We carried out alterations which included creating a new kitchen area and disabled toilet. The church font was carefully relocated to create this room at the rear of the church. This was sensitively finished with oak panelling to match existing features. New lighting was incorporated together with a disabled ramp to the rear and new steps to the front of the church.
Mr Brian Beck, the local church warden, was closely involved with the project.
The Rt. Rev’d Geoff Annas, Bishop of Stafford, officially opened the building at 3pm on 18th November 2012.